Dear (Insert name of Educational Supervisor/Training Programme Director),
This letter is to request access to funding from the study budget as I have recently purchased a certified leadership course. This course is a medical management and leadership course that supports me in achieving the curriculum. It also qualifies as a discretionary course that adds value to me individually and supports the wider system. According to Health Education England a course must meet these requirements in order for the costs to be covered by the study budget.
I have listed points below that highlight why the course is right for me:
- It is fully online and requires no study leave
- The delivery method enables me to learn when convenient to me and also acts as a reference point for day to day challenges
- The course is fully flexible
- It has been created by current doctors who understand the challenges I face
- The course is mapped to the management and leadership requirements as stated by the UK’s Medical Royal Colleges
- I can obtain up to x CPD credits, which are fully accredited
- The course’s content is trusted and created in partnership with MIT Sloan Management Review
- The course contains masterclasses which feature current practitioners who share their experiences and solutions to real life challenges in the workplace
The course is accredited by the:
- Faculty of Medical Leadership and Management (FMLM)
- The Chartered Management Institute (CMI)
- The CPD Certification Service
Generation Leader is a UK based company and the course details can be found via generationleader.co.uk. The company provides me with a receipt upon payment via their website and I get instant access to their platform and app to start my learning.
I would greatly appreciate your approval for me to undertake this educational course and for it to be funded though the study budget.